Harry is introduced to the seriously creepy house by Mrs. Weasley and is sent upstairs to wait for the sooper sekrit meeting to be over. He is clobbered by Hermione, grinned at by Ron, greeted beakily by Hedwig and then proceeds to rip them all a new one about how much they suck for not telling him anything. Fred and George introduce Extendable Ears, Ginny shows them how to detect an Unperterbable charm and, amazingly, doesn't completely sporfle in front of Harry. Percy is explained to be a Git and a ministry toady. We get another trip to the Department of Backstory where we learn about the doings of the Ministry, a wee bit about the Order, a bit about Dumbledore and Bill's love life. Tonks is, once again, proven to be a klutz and Sirius appears for the first time in one of the most hilarious scenes in the book.
1. What did you think of the house the first time you read through all this? What's up with the Elf Heads?
2. Who did you sympathize with at this point in time, Harry or Hermione and Ron? Why?
3. This is yet another invention of the Twins' that could definitely come in handy for members of the Order. Do you think their inventions will help contribute in the long run?
4. Were you surprised at Ginny's apparent 180 on her ability to speak around Harry?
5. Seriously, one of my favorite scenes in the book is when Sirius comes down and closes the portrait hangings around his mother while screaming "shut up you horrible old hag, shut UP!". The visual cracks me up every time.
87: Number of decibels in volume that CAPSLOCK!HARRY screams in when he's upset.